Bookmark this page to keep these free transportation resources at your fingertips.
Construction Ahead – Exercise Caution
Several roadway projects are currently underway in Santa Cruz County. Please drive cautiously through construction zones and leave a safe distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you.
Live Traffic Map
Real-time traffic information from Caltrans layered on a Google Map. Includes traffic speeds, incident reports, traffic camera snapshots, Changeable Message Sign content, construction closures, and chain control requirements. Traffic speed is indicated by color-coded lines overlaying the roadway. Other layers are identified by icon images on the map. Clicking on an icon displays details in a pop-up window.
Live Traffic Cameras
View streaming videos of real-time traffic conditions at these highway locations:
- Hwy 1 West of 41st
- Hwy 1 West of Emeline
- Hwy 1 East of Morrissey
- Hwy 17 at Fishhook
- Hwy 17 at Ocean
- Hwy 17 at Laurel Curve
- Highway Patrol (CHP) Traffic Incidents (select Monterey)
- Caltrans Traveler Services
- Caltrans Highway Conditions
- Caltrans Scheduled Lane Closures and Delays
- Caltrans Construction Information
- County Road Closures and Traffic Advisories
- RTC Streets and Highways Projects
- Public safety alerts and advisories via Nixle
Dont’ go it alone! Explore your travel options with help from these local experts.
- Santa Cruz County – Commute Solutions
- Monterey County – Commute Alternatives
- San Benito County – San Benito Rideshare
- Greater SF Bay Area including Santa Clara County – 511.org Rideshare
Senior Transportation Planner/Commute Solutions